Monday, July 19, 2010

In the immortal words of Sammy Sosa - "I Apologi"

As much as this pains me - and it pains me greatly - I guess I owe you all an apology.

In the past, I have made snide remarks, ribald jokes, and even horrible anthropomorphic insults about you.  I even love the website that promotes the elimination of "those who think that their excuses for wearing them are viable".
Yes, I am talking about you, Crocs Nation.

However, I bought my first pair this week and I now have to say, "Where have these Crocs been all my life?"

(I will admit I only even considered them since they were on mega-sale - the Crocs.com Outlet always has deals up to 50%-75% off and free shipping, sometimes...)

They are the most comfortable shoes I have, fashion be damned.  I made my first test run in public to SuperTarget on Sunday, and not only did no one make fun of me - there were entire families that wore them.
So, now it's open season - I'm wearing them to school, weddings, and future trips around the world (maybe I'll stock up before I leave and pass them out to the indigenous tribal people as a sign of American goodwill).

Now, I am saving up to buy even more Crocs (goodbye, Apple Ipad and Bentley convertible) - they have ones that are faux-fur lined (for when you want to wear thin plastic shoes with holes in the dead of Chicago winter), ones that look like Chuck Taylor sneakers (not really, but...), and ones made with non-plastic materials (like leather, suede - who knew?).

The old saying goes something like 'before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes' - although I have not made a full mile yet, you'll never hear another disparaging word from me, fellow Croc-o-philes.

But, you Uggs people - you're still fair game.

No comments:

Post a Comment